Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pier Park / Kilwins Panama City Beach

I just went on vacation in Panama City Florida. I had a surprisingly good time, usually I don't like the beach I'm more of a metropolitan person but this time it was cool. The best part was this HUGE outside shopping mall(bigger than some I've been to in California). It had really cool shops, granted many were for crappy beer pong booty short souvenirs and lobster magnets. There are a lot of restaurants to, like Margaritaville for example. (I ate there it was good). Its so big you probably couldn't see all the stores in one day. There was an Ulta there I was not impressed. The really cool thing is that there not boring red brick stores that look all cookie cutter the same. They sort of look like colorful beach houses. They were soooo beautiful, truly a delightful shopping experience.
Pier Park
Pier Park
This was taken right in front of Kilwins. They are a fudge/icecream shoppe that considers themselves "famous" enough to charge 4 dollars for a cone. I think there whole pitch is that they try to seem like an old timey icecream parlor which contrasts other establishments like TCBY. The icecream is really good, but the staff is rather cold and treats you like a criminal. Not the "Kilwins Experience" as noted on the website. The fudge and candy is delicious though, and everyone I gave souvenirs to said it was good as well.
Kilwins Fudge
Kilwins Candy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...