Sunday, May 26, 2013

Hobbit Vest Simplicity 2346

People who know me well know that I am a huge Lord of the Rings dork. XD I was super exited about the Hobbit coming out that I wanted to make costumes for my brother and I. Unfortunately all I was able to make was a Hobbit style vest for my brother.


 I used the Simplicity 2346 for the pattern. I'm not sure what type of fabric it is, but it feels similar to suede cloth. The color is a wonderful deep green in real life. I also picked out very "hobbity" leaf buttons.























This is a lined, fitted, and modern styled vest.  I made the size 36. The sizing was great and more accurate than simplicity patterns for women. The vest came out just like the photo (aside from the lame appliques that is!)

The instructions, I did not like however. They were overly complicated and confusing. This troubles me as its a "learn to sew pattern" I definitely would not recommend this pattern to teach beginners. I ended up just cutting out the pattern pieces and sewing it my own way.

I would use the pattern pieces for this again if my brother ever desires another vest.

For the button holes, I finally figured out how to use my vintage button holer attachment.
Overall this was a fun and quick project to sew!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...